10 Banner Ad Design Tips
When you want to run a successful web banner advertising campaign, you must create a good banner ad. The one true thing that will make your advertising banner stand out more than any of the other factors is your design.
Here are 10 banner ad design tips for you to keep in mind when you create your advertising banner design:
1) Keep the design simple. You only have a few seconds to impress a potential customer, so don’t lose them right from the start by having an over the top, complicated advertising banner.
2) Keep your wording simple. Use short, simple, specific language to convey your message. A good rule of thumb is to try to use seven words or less to convey your message.
3) Provide a call to action. You want to make sure you are asking your potential customer to “Click Here” or “Submit” for more information.
4) Use enticing words. Everyone likes to get something for free, so if you are offering it, throw in the words “Free” or “Special Offer” to increase the CTR on your banner ad design.
5) Use bright colors. Using bright colors will help attract attention, however, be careful not to use too many colors. Try for three contrasting colors at the most. If you have logo or brand colors, ask your banner designer to use them.
6) Use an eye catching font. If you use fewer words, you can use a bolder, larger font. If you must use more than one font, use two at the most.
7) Choose images carefully. In keeping your banner advertising simple, don’t go overboard with images. Choose one or two that send the right message and aren’t over the top.
8) Use animation wisely. Choose animation that will draw attention, but won’t scare potential customers away by being too flashy. Choose something that rotates at a relaxed speed and limit it to just a few cycles.
9) Add contrast. Make sure that your background, your font, your images and your animation contrast with each other to draw attention to your custom banner and the message you are trying to convey.
10) Do not be misleading. Sometimes in advertising it is tempting to show something that has nothing to do with what you are selling just to grab a person’s attention. Don’t do that. Make sure your banner ad portrays the truth.
Also make sure that if someone is going to click through on your banner ad that it takes them directly to the information that they are seeking like the product page, not your home page.